Thursday, April 24, 2008

You never know unless you try...anything

Over the past couple of days, it has become very apparent to me that some people, perhaps more than a few, live their lives scared. What a hollow existence that must be? A life spent scared seems worse than no life whatsoever. I told my wife this week that I will never live that way. If that costs me quantity for (my version of) quality, then so be it.

One thing I learned (not sure from whom) and try to pass on to every human I interact with is to "own your feelings and your decisions". Our decisions put us where we are. No one can make me feel or do anything I don't decide to do. They can physically injure or kill me for my actions, but they can NOT make me do anything. If it costs me my life, that too is my decision.

In the end we're all just worm food and living life with that perspective gives us incredible freedom. This is, obviously, not a "slash and burn" license but an incredibly liberating perspective. Don't be scared of freedom.

No comments: